Disposal of scarp effectively is the need of the hour. Safe disposal and recycling are imperative to keep our environment safe and free from any hazard. Mentioned below are few important aspects and importance of proper scrap metal disposal or you can say recycling of scrap metal:
- Scrap metal disposal helps in conserving our natural resources.
- It can reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Scrap metal disposal can reduce energy usage.
- It can reduce the process of global warming.
- Proper disposal of scrap metal can also reduce harmful levels of air pollution in cities, and it can, therefore, reduce many potential respiratory health problems.
- Scrap metal recycling can reduce mining waste and water waste in large amount.
- Believe or not it takes almost 60% less energy in recycling the metal than mining it; therefore, metal recycling saves a huge amount of energy.
- The recycling industry is labor intensive industry and it can contribute billions of dollars to the country’s gross domestic product. Therefore, it is capable of creating half a million jobs alone. This is a necessity in today’s world and economic conditions.
- It is important that you understand that recycling jobs require experience, skill, and training, therefore, they are heavily paid jobs but wages within the recycling industry can vary from employer to region. The bigger is the business, the better is the job pay.
- Recycling is known to be a great business and can generate hundreds of dollars every year
- The products of recycled metals are as good as the original
- It can improve the quality of the air water and soil
- All most every metal can be recycled some of the majorly recycled metals are steel, copper, brass, iron, aluminum, nickel, and lead,
- It can truly boost the economy of any country.
- It helps in bringing down the cost of metal because the cost of mining the metal is much higher than recycling it. This in turn also reduces the cost of the goods that are manufactured from recycled metal
- One very important thing to note is that metals are not a renewable source of energy which means that one day the metal of earth will finish. Using recycled metal is important because recycling one ton of aluminum can preserve roughly five tons of bauxite where recycling one ton of steel can preserve more than two tons of iron ore. This is just an example of two metals. There are many more in the line.
- Mining has a devastating effect on the environment it destroys delicate natural habitats, what more, you will be surprised to know that toxic runoff can occur not only when mine is in operation but even long after it has been shut down. It can impact lakes, streams, and marine environments for subsequent decades
Facts related to scrap metal disposal
Here are a few facts related to scrap metal disposal, or recycle:
- Almost all the metals can be recycled multiple times without degradation of properties. Still, only 30 per cent of metal is recycled.
- Approximately 40% per cent of steel production is made using scrap steel whereas around 100 million steel, and tin cans are used every day alone in Australia.
- Steel and iron are known as heavily recycled materials in the world because of the ease of reprocessing.
- Nearly 400 million tons of metal is recycled worldwide every year.
- The aluminum can is the most recycled product across the world. If you throw away a single aluminum, it can waste energy that is equivalent to the same can filled with gasoline.
An environment-friendly scrap metal disposal can contribute to saving our earth thus we all should use and reuse recycled products.